Group Exercise Classes give you the chance to socialise as well as get fit and have fun. All classes are taken by qualified instructors who will give you the advice and motivation needed to meet your goals.
Teme Leisure offer an extensive range of classes at all our Centres. There is a class to suit everyone's needs, from Yoga to Boxercise, Studio Cycling to Pilates, Body Conditiong to Aerobics and many more.
Back into Group Exercise
We can't wait to get you back in your favourite exercise classes.
- We've reduced class sizes to allow everyone to socially distance when they work out in studio 1. Adult Ballet, Pilates and Yoga classes will take place.
- All other classes will take place in Studio 3 which is located in the sports hall.
- Within all studios are ‘T’ markers which will determine your workout area and keep you a safe distance from others.
- Book online but please cancel ahead if you can't make it.
- Class times will be 45min to allow a 15 minute gap in-between to enable social distancing to take place before one class ends and another begins and also to allow the area to be cleaned
- All equipment will be wiped and hygienically clean before you use it. We do encourage if you have your own yoga mat to bring it with you.
Use the hand sanitizer stations upon entering and you can find multiple dispensers around the centre to use before during and after your session. We’ll be routinely cleaning equipment but please do clean down any equipment you use after you’ve used it. Extra hygiene stations will be available.
How will you ensure social distancing is in place across the Leisure Centres?
We are asking everyone to pre book which means we can maintain the numbers in the building to numbers which ensure everyone can socially distance. We’ve also staggered the start and finish times of activities to control arrival, numbers and circulation of customers throughout our buildings. We’ve moved kit to create space to allow you the space you need to work out safely and also marked some machines out of use.
How will you ensure the Leisure Centres are clean?
We’ve introduced tougher, more robust procedures covering the cleaning of the Leisure Centres in-line with Covid-19 and industry guidelines.
We have programmed 2 deep clean sessions per day for all areas and also 15mins between each session.
Cleaning of high traffic areas and touch points will be continuous throughout the day, this is supported by cleaning stations within all areas, that members can use to clean equipment. Each user will collect their own Sanitise Spray bottle to use throughout their session. This will be placed in the drop off box at the exit where staff will wipe down and have ready for another session
We’ve made a few changes to keep you safe
When you return, you’ll notice several changes to help keep you and the team safe. Below are measures we are adopting:
- “One-way” directional signs to help you move around and maintain social distancing.
- Advanced booking will be required. Please book in advance at http://online.teme-leisure.co.uk/bookings
- We’ve rearranged gym equipment to ensure that you are always distanced from other users.
- We’ve enhanced cleaning regimes. We will also have Sanitise Stations throughout our centres for you to clean down equipment before and after use.
- Upon entry to your workout area you will collect your own Sanitise Spray Bottle to take around with you during your workout. Use this to wipe equipment and machines before and after use. On the way out simply pop the spray bottle in the area provided for staff to then clean down ready for the next user.
- Social distancing measures will be part and parcel of your visit.
- A cashless payment process will be in place. As all visits require to be pre booked they also require to be pre paid either online or over the phone
Check In, Arrival and Departing For Your Session
PLEASE BE AWARE YOU WILL REQURIE YOUR MEMBERSHIP CARD TO CHECK IN. We will allow access 10minutes before your booked session commences. Please don’t arrive any earlier.
Come dressed to exercise. As you arrive for your session you will see the markers for a queuing system which are of course socially distanced. Please queue respecting other users. When entering you will be required to have your Temperature checked, sanitise your hands then you can proceed to our Self Service Kiosk
Checking in has never been so easy with our new Self Service Kiosk. Upon arrival, when you are called forward you will use your membership card at the Kiosk to check in. Don’t worry there will be a Teme staff member on hand to help you if needed.
Please leave promptly at the end of your booked session. We will rely on strict session times and users will be required to leave so there is adequate time to clean down and check the next sessions users in.
- All visits will need to be booked in advance. For the time being we cannot allow walk-ins
- Members can book up to 8 days in advance.
- Non-members can only book up to 5 days in advance.
How Can I Book?
Booking can be made online or over the phone.
You are required to pre book in advance before you visit for all gym, swim, group exercise and other activities on site. Making sure the total number of people in each of our Leisure Centres is controlled via online booking is one of the many ways we’ll help everyone stay safe and maintain their social distance. It will also assist us to comply with government track and trace requirements. A short video showing you how to register and book sessions online can be found here
For Casual, pay as you go users we can set you up with a casual online membership and then allocate you a membership card. To apply for this please click here. Please be aware there will be a one off charge of £2 for the casual membership card payable on collection.
Please be aware our system works on a rolling 24 hour clock. So if you look at 10 am, you will only see sessions available to book up until 10am 9 days in advance. As the day goes on more sessions will become open to book
Can I book multiple gym and exercise class sessions per week?
You sure can! You can book as many gym sessions and exercise classes as you wish per week. However, we would ask you to be considerate to other users and if you cannot attend a session please cancel this online or over the phone with as much notice as possible. We will be contacting no shows and persistent no shows may result in your membership being frozen
We provide a Pay As You Go option at all of our Centres yousimply apply for a Teme Community Card. However if you plan to use any of our facilities twice or more per week, becoming a member as it is the cheaper way to pay.
Joining is simple and takes less than 5 minutes. Just pop into one of our Centres where a member of our team can answer any questions you have and show you around.
Our Membership Categories, Prices and further information can be found here